Chester Sexual Abuse Support Service (CSASS), was formed in 1996 and achieved charitable status in 2010. We are affiliated to Rape Crisis England and Wales.
CSASS is a FREE counselling and support service for anyone over the age of 18 who has suffered from any form of rape, sexual abuse or violence at any time in their lives. We do not limit access to our confidential counselling to a maximum number of sessions, our counsellors will work with you to find the best path of therapy for you.
We provide telephone support and counselling on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6pm-8pm. Counselling is also provided during weekday office hours and you can contact us either via our office telephone number of helpline to make an appointment.
CSASS aims to provide:
• A face to face counselling service and ongoing telephone support.
• An awareness and understanding of sexual violence and abuse, publicising Chester Sexual Abuse Support Service.
• A change in public perception while seeking to influence attitudes and opinions in relation to sexual violence and abuse.
• Support for the development of the Rape Crisis England and Wales movement.
• To work within the values of our Equal Opportunities policy.
• Way and means to raise vital funds for the continuation and expansion of CSASS.
• Appropriate training for CSASS counsellors, operational support workers and strategic support workers.