Chester Sailing and Canoeing Club was formed in 1956 as a joint club to cater for both canoeing and sailing on the River Dee.
The Club house is about a mile from the centre of Chester. The first floor has a large recreation room overlooking the river with a bar, extensive seating and a pool table. Outside, there is a flat area for sitting out on summer evenings and the occasional barbecue. The ground floor, at river level, has changing rooms for the canoeists.
The Club house is reached by a path from the top of Sandy Lane. Sandy Lane also gives access to the dinghy park with its reserved off road car parking for club members and easy access for collecting and delivering boats.
Further upriver is the dinghy park which has ample space for boats and also contains changing rooms with showers and toilets and officials box for monitoring the racing.